Shauna Letellier is an author, writer, and Bible teacher. She weaves strands of history, theology, and fictional detail into a fresh retelling of familiar Bible stories. Drawing upon her bachelor’s degree in Biblical Studies, she drapes the fabric of fiction over the framework of Scripture to help worn-out people find permanent rest and relief in Christ.
Shauna is the author of three books and numerous articles. Her writing has been published on The Huffington Post, Day Spring’s (in)courage, The MOB Society, For Every Mom, Living By Design, and in MomSense, a publication of MOPS International. She teaches women’s Sunday school in the local church and speaks at women’s events.
With her husband Kurt, she has the wild and hilarious privilege of raising their three boys along the banks of the Missouri River where they fish, swim, and rush off to ballgames.
I’m Shauna, and I help worn-out Christians find permanent rest and relief by retelling gospel stories that display Jesus’ kindness to ordinary people like you and me. In my books and on my blog, I weave history, theology, and fictional detail into a fresh retelling of familiar Bible stories. I started writing them because I needed them. When I shared my stories, people said they made the Bible come to life.
A more personal account of how God led me to writing can be found on my About Page.
Remarkable Faith tells the stories of people whose faith was of such quality that Jesus himself marveled at it–people who were broken, needy, and dependent. Read more…
Remarkable Hope retells the stories of eight hopeful people in the Bible who appeared—at first—to be disappointed by Jesus. Read more…
Remarkable Advent is a 25-day devotional. Read the Christmas story as if for the first time. Read more…
If you have topic, Shauna probably has a talk. Email Shauna to discuss details.
With enough notice, Shauna will gladly prepare a talk based on a passage of Scripture that serves the purposes of your event or theme.
- Faith is Dependence: Personal and biblical stories to illustrate that faith in Christ is a matter of our dependence on him rather than a graded performance for him.
- The One True Gospel: Through true modern, historical, and biblical stories we examine why the gospel is exceedingly good news.
- Christmas Gospel Presentation: From the cradle to the cross to the crown, we see God’s plan in redeeming us through Jesus.
- Ordinary and Useful: A look at Zechariah and Elizabeth’s ordinary “status.” Though Zechariah was a priest, he was merely one of 25,000 at the time. We’ll discuss Mary and Joseph’s availability for God’s purposes even though they were not esteemed in their day.
- Obedience Without the Expected Blessing: We’ll observe Elizabeth and Zechariah’s righteous and childless life and examine Mary and Joseph’s obedience without the applause of family and friends.
Have something else in mind? Contact Shauna to discuss your event or theme.
Past Interview Samples
Flourish Writers, regarding how I came to writing (2.5 minutes)
Chris Fabry Live, Moody Radio: Remarkable Faith (1 hour)
Chris Fabry Live, Moody Radio: Remarkable Hope (1 hour)
Keeping Christ in Christmas, Family Bible Connection Podcast (28 minutes)
Shauna is represented by Steve Laube of the Steve Laube Agency.